The Blue & You: Understanding Our Blue Economy
Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 4:30pm
Innovate Newport, Gymnasium
513 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840
This summer, 2021, Innovate Newport will host a program called “The Blue & You: Understanding Our Blue Economy.” Each week starting July 8, we will host an in-person event in which an audience can hear from experts in various sectors of The Blue Economy such as marine trades, defense, blue tech, tourism & recreation, offshore wind, and research/education.
The speaker series will be held every Thursday from 4:30-5:30 p.m. (July 8-Aug. 26) in the gymnasium at Innovate Newport. This is a FREE event. Registration is required.
Panelists & Registration Links Below:
July 8: The Blue Ecosystem
- Judith Underwood; CEO of BLUE Institute Labs
- Pete Rumsey; Chief Business Development Officer URI Research Foundation
July 15: Tourism & Recreation
- Evan Smith, President & CEO of Discover Newport
- Brad Read, Executive Director of Sail Newport.
July 22: Research & Education
- Jen McCann, Director of U.S. Coastal Programs at URI
July 29: Defense
- Molly Magee, Executive Director of Southeastern New England Defense Industry Alliance and Undersea Technology Innovation Consortium
- Dave Lussier, President of SEACORP
- Victor Ricci, Chief Technology Officer at Naval Undersea Warfare Center.
Aug. 5: Offshore Wind
- Will Cotta, Offshore Wind Supply Chain Director; RI Commerce
- Dr. Drew Carey, CEO; Inspire Environmental
- Chris Waterson; General Manager; Waterson Terminal Services
Aug. 12: Marine Trades
- Jay Coogan, President of IYRS School of Technology & Trades
- Evan Ridley, Director of Environmental Programs at Rhode Island Marine Trade Association
- Neal Harrell, President of Brooks Marine Group.
Aug. 19: Blue Tech
- Christian Cowan, Executive Director; 401 Tech Bridge
- Annette Tonti, Managing Director; RI Hub
- Erik Brine, Executive Director; National Institute for Undersea Vehicle Technology
- Jason Kelly, Executive Vice President; Moran Shipping Agencies
Aug. 26: Looking Ahead
- Toby Stapleton, Managing Director at TXX Strategies Group