GEM – Group Exercise Mentoring Program, February 2022 start
Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 6:30pm
More dates through February 12, 2022
Saturday, February 12, 2022 at 11:00am
Anna Fascitelli Fitness & Wellness Center
18 Butterfield Rd, Kingston Campus
Designed for the URI student who would like to become a group exercise instructor but does not yet have any work experience or certifications in the field. Free program, with the expectation that participants will obtain a Nationally Recognized Certification during or shortly after their training period. Sign up now!
*you must apply through this link
During the 6-week training period Feb-April, participants will:
- Attend 2 mandatory info/study sessions (Feb 10 @ 6:30-7:30 pm and Feb 12 @ 11 am-3 pm) to acquire foundational knowledge on anatomy, muscles/joint actions & corresponding exercises, class structure, safety, technique, and presentation. These sessions will also provide information and insight on certification requirements, industry standards, and job expectations.
- Choose one class to shadow- Attend this class regularly during the training period and meet with the instructor (mentor) to complete weekly reflections.
- Practice leading class segments, under the guidance and direction of the student mentor.
- Prepare and present a 20-minute audition demonstrating knowledge and instructor readiness skills
- Schedule an interview to discuss the direction and timeline of their certification and employment opportunities.
Apply to the GEM Program today on our website by clicking here.